Salted Honey Peanuts






I am trying to eat healthy these days. Cutting down on unnecessary calories et al. But let me tell you, it is not easy for me!


Take last night for example. I have stopped keeping junk food at home in an effort to control the munchies. So what did I do when I got serious craving for something to nibble on? I made Salted Honey Peanuts. Yummy sweet and salty peanuts that can get dangerously addictive!

It did not help that this was super easy to make.


First I heated up 2tbsp of butter and 5tbsp of honey together in the microwave.


Then I added 2 cups of peanut to the mixture with 1tsp of cinnamon and a generous pinch of salt. I mixed them really well, coating all the peanuts with the syrup.


Usually these peanuts should be roasted in an oven. But as I still haven’t set up the OTG that my ex-rommie left me; I decided to do it on the stovetop.


I roasted the peanuts in a pan in an even layer on medium low heat. Tossed them after 10 min so that all that lovely bubbling syrup coats the peanuts evenly. Another 2-3 min and it was done.

Letting it cool down was the hardest part of the whole process. :P


They turned out so good! The slight bite of salt to cut the otherwise sweet coating was just right!

I took these photographs in the middle of the night and wasn’t very happy with them. The plan was to take some again in the morning. But a friend came over and they are no more. RIP Salted Honey Peanuts, you were delicious!



3 comments:

  1. Sumanjit Kaur Tripathy-ObsessionSeptember 20, 2011 at 5:51 PM

    Wow !
    Sounds interesting !!
    I think, should try the almonds this way !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some almonds too for that purpose! Even cashew will be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the recipe but according to Indian vedic diet cooking honey makes the honey poison. You can check on internet

    ReplyDelete