Seared Lemon Pepper Salmon

At long last I have managed to stop procrastinating and start the food blog I have been thinking and talking about for ages! This blog will be mostly about my kitchen experiments, my favourite dishes and general food related activities happening around me.

As a Bong, my love for food is something I was born with. But in the last few years it has grown into a mild obsession and I have become a compulsive cook. Many a sleepless night is spent watching Food Network or Cooking Channel. Yes, I am addicted to cooking shows! And then inspiration strikes and experiments follow. I hardly follow recipes. I adapt them to whatever ingredients I have available at that time. Which is also the reason that even though I cook certain dishes again and again, they are never exactly the same. At times I add something on a whim and don’t even remember that the next time I make the dish. So hopefully this blog will act as a reminder for me too.

So anyway, here goes. The very first recipe from the Insomniac Cook.


Seared Lemon Pepper Salmon:



I love salmon! It tastes awesome and it’s healthy. Only thing is it’s quite expensive. So when I want to reward myself for a job well done, I make salmon. I like the natural flavour of salmon and try to keep it as simple as possible.

Seared Lemon Pepper Salmon is easy to make, requires very few ingredients and tastes really good.

You will need:

• 2 Salmon Fillet
• 1 large lemon
• 2 tablespoon cracked pepper
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt to taste


Heat up the pan to medium to high heat. Add enough olive oil just coat the pan. Season the salmon fillets with salt and cracked pepper on both sides. When the oil is hot enough add the salmon skin side up. Cook one side without disturbing it. You will know it’s done when it feels like the salmon will come off easily and then cook the other side. It will take around 5-6min on each side depending on the thickness of your fillet. When both sides are done, take out the salmon and let it rest. Add the juice of one lemon to the pan. Scrape up all the yummy bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add freshly cracked pepper and rest of the olive oil. Add a pinch of salt. Let it cook for around 5 min and your sauce is done. Put the salmon on the serving dish and pour the sauce over it.

You can have green beans and potato as sides with this. Even some garlic bread to soak up all that delicious sauce. I was in the mood for peas so I boiled some and tossed them with a touch of olive oil and salt-n-pepper.

5 comments:

  1. the dish looks so elegant that I was stunned to see how simple it is. Even a non fish lover like me was tempted

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 that bengali style fish dish. Will you post that one soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. which one did you have? that was a long time back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god...this dish looks ravishing....and yet so simple to make...going to try out this one for sure...thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Ajwain

    ReplyDelete